Park Policies & FAQ
What are Cowabunga Bay’s hours?
Please click here to see our operating calendar for times and dates. Hours and ride availability subject to change without notice.
What are Cowabunga Bay's rates?
Cowabunga Bay offers a variety of ticket options. See our tickets page for information and prices on daily admission tickets and season passes. Please click here for tickets and season pass rates.
Are toddlers and infants admitted free?
Children 2 years and under are admitted free with an accompanying paying adult. Season Passes are not required for children under the age of 2.
Are Season Passes available?
Yes, we sell a limited number of season passes annually. Enjoy Cowabunga Bay and the NEW Cowabunga Canyon all season long with a Cowabunga Vegas Season Pass! Each Season Pass allows the pictured guest unlimited admission to Cowabunga Bay and Cowabunga Canyon parks every day of the posted season. Your Cowabunga Vegas Season Pass is loaded with endless perks: priority early access, 15% off non-alcoholic Food and Beverage purchases, free tubes, discounted cabanas on select dates, and free parking with Cowabunga Vegas Season Pass. You can purchase passes online or at the park.
Is my Season Pass good at both the Draper, UT and the Las Vegas location?
Cowabunga Bay Las Vegas Season Passes are NOT valid at the Draper, Utah waterpark. Only valid at the two Las Vegas locations (Cowabunga Bay; Henderson and Cowabunga Canyon; Summerlin.
What forms of payment do you accept?
Cowabunga Bay accepts cash, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express cards at any ticket sales window, food, cabana, and retail locations. We do not accept pre-paid gift cards, however, an ATM is located in our Guest Service area. Season Passes, Birthday parties, group tickets, and Cabanas may be reserved or purchased online or at any guest service or ticket window. Cowabunga Bay Gift Cards can be used at the park for regular-priced tickets, passes, food, beverages, merchandise, and cabana rentals. Gift cards may not be used for online or discounted item purchases.
Is there a minor/chaperone policy?
Children 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult. We strongly suggest that minors under the age of 16 be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian over the age of 18. Cowabunga Bay does not assume any responsibility or liability for unattended minors.
How do I get to Cowabunga Bay?
Click here for directions.
How much is parking?
Cowabunga Bay offers a clean, safe, well-lit parking lot with plenty of parking for handicap, motorcycles, buses, RV’s cars and bicycles. Parking is free for bicycles while all other vehicles must pay a $10.00 parking fee. You can save $2.00 when you purchase your parking in advance online at cowabungavegas.com.
Is there an additional fee for Tube Rentals?
Tubes and Lifejackets are ALWAYS FREE (subject to availability). Tubes will be provided free of charge for the Lazy River, Wave Pool and all water slides that require tubes to ride. Please do not remove tubes from attractions for personal use as they are for use of guests using specific attractions only.
Am I allowed to bring my own floatation devices (ex: children’s arm floats, inflatable tubes)?
Cowabunga Bay has life jackets available at no charge. You can bring your own life jackets or personal floatation devices as long as they are US Coast Guard-approved. Must be clear-bottomed and approved by park management. Swimsuits with built-in flotation devices are acceptable as long as they are US Coast Guard-approved. Outside tubes are not allowed for the safety of all guests.
Is the water heated?
We understand that playing in freezing cold water is not fun. For that reason, Cowabunga Bay heats our water in major pools and attractions during the shoulder season (March, April, May & September). Heated pools & attractions: Wave Pool, Lazy River, Boardwalk Bay, Caban-A-Rama, Kids Cove, ZumaZOOMa & Surfin’ USA.
Can we bring outside food into the park?
We offer many delicious food items at reasonable prices. However, if you wish to bring your own food we do allow you to exit the park, use our picnic area, and then re-enter the park.
Cowabunga Bay does not allow outside food or beverages in the park under any circumstances with the following exceptions. All bags and towels will be searched prior to the park entrance.
Coolers – small hard and soft coolers are allowed to carry ice and factory-sealed water bottles only. Coolers larger than 16 quarts must be left at home or in your vehicle as they will not be allowed inside the park.
Toddlers & Infants – One small sandwich bag with a single portion of toddler snacks may be brought in per child, a small juice box or infant formula is permitted. Packaged snacks are not permitted. We offer toddler snacks in the Cowabunga Trader Store.
Medical Needs – Guests that require medical and allergy accommodations should stop at Guest Services when they arrive at the park so we may accommodate your needs.
Is it true you have Dole Pineapple Whip?
Yes, Dole Pineapple Whip can be found at the Chill Concession Stand.
Do you offer special rates for large groups?
Cowabunga Bay is a great place to hold a celebration and we have special prices depending on your needs and the size of your group. For group sales, call 702-850-9000 ext. 118 or 112 or click here.
Where can I get discount coupons?
Special offers are available throughout the year. These promotions run limited times during the season and may not be available based on quantities. Also check your employer for discounted rates, and be sure to join our SURFari club to be updated on all our promotional offers. Special pricing, discount offers and coupons cannot be combined.
What if I forgot something at home?
If you forgot something at home, please check our Cowabunga Trader Store for all your summer needs such as sunscreen, waterproof phone case, flip flops, aqua socks, swim diapers, towels, sunglasses, snacks, souvenirs and many other items.
Can I wear aqua socks and goggles in the water?
You can find height and weight requirements next to each slide here. Each attraction combines different speeds, twists and turns, and forces of nature. To ensure that all guests are safe, attraction manufacturers and insurance companies set weight and height requirements. Cowabunga Bay strictly enforces these requirements and those that do not meet these requirements may be denied access to such attractions. Those who willingly ignore these restrictions do so at their own risk and Cowabunga Bay will not be held responsible. Scales are in use at several of the attractions. A green light or red light will indicate whether you are safe to ride or not.
Can I wear eye/sun glasses?
Eye and sunglasses may be worn on some attractions with a head strap only. It will be necessary to hold them in your hand on some rides where no loose objects are allowed for safety reasons.
Are lockers available for rent?
Yes, lockers are available and we strongly suggest rental for storage of valuable items such as wallets, phones, and car keys. Cowabunga Bay is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items. Locker rentals are $12 for a small locker; $14 for a medium locker; and $16 for a large locker.
Is admission required if I’m not going to get in the water or ride any rides?
Cowabunga Bay is a clean, safe, and entertaining experience and all guests who enter the park must pay the admission fee. Clean restrooms, plenty of shaded seating, security as well, and the many attractions are all included in the price of admission.
Are there height and weight requirements for the rides?
You can find height and weight requirements next to each slide here. Each attraction combines different speeds, twists and turns and forces of nature. To ensure that all guest are safe, attraction manufacturers and insurance companies set weight and height requirements. Cowabunga Bay strictly enforces these requirements and those that do not meet these requirements may be denied access to such attractions. Those who willingly ignore these restrictions do so at their own risk and Cowabunga Bay will not be held responsible. Scales are in use at several of the attractions. A green light or red light will indicate whether you are safe to ride or not.
Is smoking allowed at Cowabunga Bay?
Smoking of any kind, including vapor and e-cigarettes, is not permitted inside Cowabunga Bay. For the comfort of all guests, smoking is only permitted in the designated smoking area located outside of the front gate. Please speak with our Team Members for additional guidance.
Can I leave the park and re-enter throughout the day?
Yes, all park guests leaving the park and planning to return later that day are required to get a hand stamp prior to leaving the park.
Do you allow alcoholic beverages?
No alcoholic beverages may be brought into the park. We have beer and other alcoholic beverages available for purchase for adults age 21 and older. A valid ID is required. Cowabunga Bay reserves the right to stop service to those who appear impaired. All liquor sales stops one hour prior to posted park closing.
What about water safety?
We have Nationally certified, trained, and licensed Lifeguards that are stationed throughout the park for guest assistance and safety. We proudly train our lifeguards through StarGuard Elite, one of the World’s leading experts in aquatics safety. A licensed EMT is always on duty at Cowabunga Bay to ensure a safe experience for all our guests.
Where is the First Aid Station located?
Please see the park map for the location of the first aid station. It is located near the Bullwinkle Island Grill and is clearly identified by a “FIRST AID” sign. If you have problems locating the first aid station please ask any lifeguard or Cowabunga Bay Crew Member.
Do you have shaded areas?
There are many shaded areas located throughout the park. Lounge chairs are available on a first-come, first serve basis or you may choose to rent a private cabana for the day. Click here for cabana rentals.
What if I or a member of my group has a disability?
If any guest has a disability, please visit Guest Relations upon your arrival. They will inform you of which rides and attractions are appropriate for your abilities and will help you make the most of your visit. If you need further assistance with information regarding accessibility and accommodations, please call us at 725-267-2277.
Is there information on lodging or overnight accommodation packages?
Please see our Lodging page for our preferred partners who offer discount tickets as well additional lodging accommodations in the area.
Are bags checked upon entry?
The safety of our guests and associates is our number one priority, and we have implemented several enhanced security procedures at all entrance gates. As part of the process:
- All bags, purses, backpacks, waist packs, etc. will be examined prior to entering.
- Sharp objects (including pocket knives and metal chains), firearms, glass containers, projectile items, unauthorized floatation devices, or other items that could be considered a weapon are strictly prohibited and should be left at home or secured in your vehicle.
- Please see our separate FAQ on outside food and beverages.
For guest safety and to ensure proper items are being brought inside the park, our staff at the main gate will inspect all bags, totes, and purses. These items will NOT be allowed in the park, please leave them in your car.
We use a variety of methods in securing our parks including uniformed officers and video surveillance monitoring.
Cowabunga Bay does not tolerate guests who fight and/or harass other guests while on our property. People who engage this behavior are subject to being ejected and potentially banned from the park, and may be subject to arrest by local police.
What is the park’s dress code?
Cowabunga Bay has dress code rules and regulations that are for the safety of our guests and employees. These rules apply to all guests regardless of their age, sex, religion, race, color, or creed. Failure to comply with any part of the dress code rules and regulations may result in ejection from the park without a refund.
- Appropriate swimwear is required and subject to park approval.
- Tube and mat rides, require that guests are free from long pants, loose items, jewelry, denim, cut-off shorts and eyewear.
- Children in diapers and those being toilet trained must wear approved swim diapers in the water.
- No provocative clothing; offensive verbiage; or thong swimsuits 80% of posterior should be covered.
- No clothing with rivets, buckles, belts or metal ornaments.
- No long pants, denim or cut-off shorts.
- Displayed tattoos must be in good taste and not offensive to a family environment.
- Guests may not display anything that contains obscene, foul, profane, illegal or unacceptable language, pictures, symbols, phrases, etc.
- If your clothing or swimwear does not comply with park rules and regulations, appropriate attire is available for purchase in our gift store.
What if there is bad weather on the day of my visit?
The park does not close for rain. However, if there are high winds or lightning is detected within a certain radius of the park, park guests will be asked to stay out of the water for safety reasons until the weather has cleared. If severe weather persist Cowabunga Bay, at it’s sole discretion may determine to close the park. If this is the case rain checks will be issued for admission on another day. On extreme weather days, high winds, or when temperatures dip below 70 degrees, you MUST retain your receipt to claim a rain check. If the park closes due to inclement weather only those who have a valid purchase receipt will be given rain-checks. Season Pass holder are not eligible for rain checks. Refunds on parking and lockers will not be issued due to inclement weather.
Cowabunga Bay is a family park and guests are expected to behave properly and respect others. Park rules and policies are for the safety and enjoyment of the park. Failure to follow park rules, regulations and instructions may result in serious injury to yourself or other individuals. Persons not complying or violating these rules will be subject to immediate ejection from the park without refund.
- Safety is our number one priority. Height and weight restrictions are posted for all attractions and enforced.
- Please read safety signs and follow the directions of the lifeguards and park employees at all times.
- Children 12 and under are not permitted in the park without a supervising adult. Minors (under 16) should be accompanied by an adult. Park does not assume any responsibility or liability for unattended minors.
- Guests under 48″ or who are weak or non-swimmers should wear Coast Guard approved lifejackets where appropriate. In the wave pool, we suggest 42″ and under wear a lifejacket and be accompanied by an adult. We insist that parents keep their children within arms-reach for their close supervision on all water activities.
- Life jackets are provided at the park free of charge. Personal flotation devices brought into the allowed for use must carry the U.S. Coast Guard stamp of approval.
- Guests may not bring in inflatables such as rafts, swim rings or water wings.
- Diving is not permitted in any pool or attraction at the park.
- No running.
- No standing on fences, tables or chairs.
Rider Restrictions and Responsibility
- Each guest has a legal and moral responsibility to act responsibly in the park and on all rides and attractions.
- All amusement rides are physical activities which pose inherit risks.
- Guests must obey all oral and written warnings an instructions and properly use all ride handles and equipment provided.
- Guests who do not comply with ride and park rules may be ejected from the park without refund.
- Some rides require a specific riding position. Guests unable to maintain such a position will not be permitted to ride.
- Certain attractions contain bright lighting effects that flash or strobe. Persons with sensitivity to these conditions or a history of photo sensitive epilepsy should avoid these attractions.
- In general you should only ride a thrill ride, or participate in certain attractions, if you are in good health. Do not ride if you know or suspect that you may be pregnant, have high blood pressure, heart, neck or body problems, motion sickness, recent surgery, or any other medical condition that may be affected by the features of the ride.
- You should not ride if you have any impairment or condition that would prevent the intended use of seating and safety restrains as provided, or an inability to follow any safety requirement.
- The park does not and cannot guarantee your health and you fully assume all risks of any ride or activity in which you choose to participate.
- If for any reason you feel you need help due to an injury or medical condition, immediately notify a park employee or lifeguard and ask for help.
- Any injuries sustained at the park must be reported on the day of incident.
Guests with Disabilities
- While Cowabunga Bay complies with federal and state disability and accommodation laws, there may be some rides or attractions and areas of the park that may not be safely accessible to all persons.
- Many of our attractions, food and beverage and merchandise areas are accessible to guests with disabilities, including those using wheelchairs.
- If you, or a member of your group, have a particular disability or special need, we ask that you please contact the park’s Guest Services at least a day prior to your visit so that we can better assist you in preparing for your visit.
Parents and Guardians
- Children 12 and under may not be at the park without adult supervision.
- It is strongly recommended that minors be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- The park does not assume any responsibility or liability for unattended minors.
- Children and the behavior of all minors are the sole responsibility of their parent(s) or guardian(s), in which the parents/guardians may be held legally liable for all acts of the children under their care.
- Anyone choosing to leave their minor(s) at the park is still responsible for them—in no event does the park assume that responsibility.
- Minors in violation of park rules may be ejected, detained or have their season pass revoked without refund.
- While Cowabunga Bay will attempt to contact a minor’s parent/guardian to have them picked up – the park is not responsible if a minor leaves the property, or for anything that occurs after a minor has left the park grounds.
- If you cannot locate your child in the park, please alert a staff member who will be happy to assist you in locating your child. Lost children location spot is located at First Aid.
- Cowabunga Bay does not utilize a public paging system. Please pre-arrange a set meeting place and time with those members of your group should you become separated or lost.
Food, Drinks, & Coolers
- All guests must behave in a courteous manner to park staff and other park guests.
- Guests fighting, using profanity, offensive or abusive language, symbols or gestures will be ejected from the park without refund.
- Guests are not permitted to save places in line, bypass other in line, line jump, or exit the line and return to the same place.
- Season pass holders must present their passes to gain entrance into the park. Pass entry is valid once a day. If you leave the park please have your hand stamped for return. Do not share your season pass….Share your pass, Lose your pass!
- Guests who leave the park and plan to return must get a re-admission hand stamp before they leave the park at the exit/re-entry gate.
- If you plan to leave the parking lot, please retain your parking ticket and receipt and present to the parking toll booth upon re-entry.
Cowabunga Vegas will never open if it is not safe for your family and our Team Members. Please continue to stay updated on our social media platforms and our website, cowabungavegas.com.
- Nevada weather poses high heat conditions. Hot weather poses a risk of sunburn and heat illness. It is always important to stay hydrated and frequently apply sunscreen throughout the day.
- The park remains open in rain which can make surfaces slippery. Please use caution when moving about the park, going up or down stairs and entering or exiting rides. Running is not permitted at any time.
- In severe weather situations, the park may shut down rides and direct people to certain areas until weather conditions have cleared and it is safe to return to the water. Some instances may require to direct people to leave the park altogether.
- Please visit the First Aid station at signs of heat exhaustion, including fatigue, nausea, headaches, confusion, and loss of consciousness, weakness, change in heartbeat, shortness of breath, clammy skin, dizziness, excessive thirst, confusion, anxiety or any other concern.
- Guests are welcome to take pictures of themselves, family members, friends and their group for their own personal use.
- It is not permitted to take photographs of others who object, or violate another’s privacy, rights to publicity, or are considered harassing, stalking or threatening.
- Photos and recordings are strictly prohibited in bathrooms, changing rooms, and locker areas. Park management reserves the right to take away the camera or recorder and violators may be held for law enforcement and be subject to arrest and prosecution.
- Cowabunga Bay management reserves the right to stop picture taking or video recording and confiscate any inappropriate material.
- By entering the park, you have given Cowabunga Bay the right to videotape and take still photography images that may be used in marketing, advertising, news reporting, promotions and social media. All property ownership of such materials, and copyright in and to all such materials, shall belong exclusively to Cowabunga Bay in perpetuity, without any compensation or other consideration to any guest or other person in, on or around the park property.
- If filming or photography is taking place and you do not want to be included, please notify a park staff member or photo/film crew.
- Request for commercial photography of any kind requires advanced park permission and a signed contract by park management.
- Any unapproved or unauthorized video or images uploaded to any social media channel shall be removed. Any materials which defame the park may result in legal action for damages.
Cowabunga Bay welcomes all breastfeeding mothers and their children and (in accordance with applicable law). For those who desire privacy, the park has several shaded areas as well as air conditioned locations at their disposal including restroom/changing areas with private stalls and in First Aid.
- Cowabunga Bay is a smoke-free park.
- Medical Marijuana is strictly prohibited in the park or in the parking lot.
- No animals of any kind are allowed in the park, except for legally-defined service dogs or as may otherwise be required by law to assist those with disabilities as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act or other applicable laws.
- You will be required to verify it’s a legally-qualifying service animal.
- Verified service animals are prohibited from going into or on any water ride or attractions, because of hygiene and safety concerns.
- You are responsible for controlling and cleaning up after your service animal. If your animal needs to go to the bathroom, please take them to an area off to the side on a grassy area, away from other patrons. Please ask a staff member to where your animal might be directed.
- You may be asked to leave the park if your service animal poses a threat to persons or property if it’s unruly, threatening, aggressive, barking, snarling, biting or if you are unable to control your animal at all times.
- If an animal is left in a car while patrons are inside the park, Animal Control will be contacted and may forcibly enter your vehicle in order to attend to the health or safety needs of the animal. You will be responsible to pay any costs involved with the rescue of a pet left in a car and may possibly face animal cruelty charges from local authorities.
Cowabunga Bay is private property and we do not allow firearms, weapons, glass containers, projectile items, food, beverage and unauthorized floatation devices. For guest safety and to ensure proper items are being brought inside the park, our staff at the main gate may inspect bags, totes and purses.
Other Prohibited Items Include:
Admission tickets and Season Passes are non-refundable for any reason after the order transaction is complete at the Front Gate, online through our website, or other retail outlets. This includes weather related events. Please check local weather conditions prior to planning your visit. Unprocessed Season Passes (those still in e-ticket or voucher form which have not been exchanged for a ID card) may be transferred to another individual. All Season Passes, processed or unprocessed, expire during the current season without value on September 2, 2019 unless renewed for the next season.
- Weapons of any kind, fireworks, explosives, or ammunition.
- Safety pins
- Glass objects or bottles
- Food, snacks or beverages of any kind
- Metal objects, spiked clothing, etc.
- Radios, musical instruments.
- Skateboards, Segways, bicycles, roller skates or other mobile devices (with exception to wheelchairs and ADA scooters). A bike rack is available outside of the park entrance.
- Prices and operating schedule are subject to change without notice.
- All attractions are subject to temporary maintenance, safety or inclement weather shutdowns.
- Locker rental is available for your convenience. Please do not leave valuables unattended.
- Cowabunga Bay accepts no responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal items.
- Season Pass holders must present their passes to gain entrance to the Park. Passes must be presented at the time of purchase to receive Reward Points. Season passes are not transferable or refundable. Share your pass…Lose your pass.
- Season Pass entry is only valid once a day. Guests who leave the park and plan to return must have their hand stamped.
- Park management reserves the right to ask guests who violate any policy to leave the waterpark.
- Park Rules & Regulations are not comprehensive, and are subject to change without notice.
- The Park may have numerous additional rules and procedures applicable to guests which, if not followed, may subject the guest to ejection without refund.
- Failure to follow these rules and use common sense may result in serious injury to yourself and/or others and perhaps even expulsion from the park.